Some short samples of Chinese music
Chinese Percussion Music (grades 5 - 10) - Teach students about Chinese percussion instruments and ensemble performances. This lesson was contributed by Han Kuo-Huang,
and a Cantonese lullaby.
Teaching East Asian Music in the Elementary Classroom - List of various lesson plans, including:
- East Asian Music in the Elementary School” (K - 6 music),
- Yu(t) Ee Sam --A Chinese Counting Song (3rd grade, two 30-minute class periods.) I think this is the Cantonese version of the counting songs I use in (Musical) Mandarin.
- SHI WU (The Lion Dance I & II) (3rd Grade, 30 minutes),
- Singing and Playing the Music of China (3rd Grade, 50 minutes.),
- Chinese Music (Grades 3-5) Recommended before Lion Dance I if you have time,
- A Chinese New Year’s Celebration for 6th Grade (music & Social Studies),
- Chinese Lion Dance (4th grade),
- Yu Guang Guang (Moonlight Lullaby) (4th Grade, 50 minutes)
- Chinese Music and Dance (4th Grade, 40 minutes),
- Similarities and Contrasts of Music and Culture (5th Grade, 50 minutes.), and
- Lunar New Year Celebration (6th Grade, for 35 minute class periods.) - Two lessons each on Japanese, Korean and Chinese music?